Who Am I?

I am an avid runner and have been running since I was 15 years old. I began running low to medium distances while on my high school track team, running the 800 meter and 1600 meter races (I was a sub 5 miler and a 2 minute 800 runner). In addition to the track team, I also joined the cross country team. After high school I still wanted to run and decided to start doing road races. I have probably ran a couple hundred 5k races (16.29 PR)along with many 10k's as well. In 2009 I decided to step up my game and try to tackle my first marathon. I will be honest; the only reason I did this was because my father ran a few and I wanted to show him that I could do what he did. I trained poorly for my first one and regret it. If you are going to run a race, train like you want to win. I still continue to run marathons and other distances as well, and every race is a chance for me to better myself.
I started this blog to hopefully communicate with other runners and to shed any knowledge I may have about the sport that can help other runners. I believe running is the best sport and can be a great stress reliever. I encourage all runners to spread the word of our sport and show people why running is so good and why the community of runners has such great people. You can follow me on twitter @byrne1324 or find me on facebook- Shaun Byrne

Friday, January 1, 2016

Random Friday: New Years Resolutions

Welcome to the first Random Friday of 2016. Hopefully 2016 will bring some good Random Friday's for us. So since it's a new year and everyone has their resolutions, I thought I would share with you mine. I also would like to share some things I am hoping we can leave in 2015 and not bring to 2016.

My Resolution: This year I want to be more dedicated. In the past few years I may have slacked a bit with training. I always set high goals and the only way I am going to hit those goals is to go hard all year. The days of me coming home from work and saying I am too tired wont cut it, and with a new job that sometimes can run late into the night there will be days I need to wake up early and make sure I get my workout in. One big goal for 2016 is losing a few pounds in order to gain some speed during my races. I need to really dedicate myself to eating better, and not saying "this one little snack won't matter." 2016 I need to be a new me basically.
There are some things I would love to leave behind in 2015. Things that just annoyed the shit out of me. Here are some things I think we should all agree on that don't need to come to 2016.

The Kardashians: Haven't we been put through enough with this dis functional family?  I am sick and tired of hearing about this whole family. We all have our own fucked up family members that we don't need to hear about yours. This family is everything that is wrong with our country. People more concerned about money and looking good rather than trying to help others.


Shortening words: One thing that really gets me is when I hear words like "Bae" and "Jelly".
Oh me and my bae are going out tonight. When I talk to another girl my wife gets all jelly. The word is babe and jealous you ignorant dicks. I understand we had some pretty stupid slang words when I grew up but it seems like the youth of today is so lazy that they can't even say a full word. 

Reality Shows: What ever happened to a good old TV sitcom? It seems like every show that is on is a contest. I miss the old shows like "Married with children" and "Seinfeld". Every week you got a different story line and  no one got voted off or sent home. 

Lastly everyone getting so damn butthurt: I have said this a million times. If you see something that bothers or offends you then ignore it. There is no reason every time a person gets upset they have to call for a whole war on society. That is life my friends. It's all of us fucked up people being able to live on this earth and try to make the best of a situation. Why cause waves when you don't have too?

What is your resolution and what would you like to be seen left behind in 2015?

3 comments:

  1. Dude I love the way you write! I don't know the kardashian and do not have TV but I agree on all the rest. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahahahahaha! I so agree with what to leave behind. Unfortunately, seems like our society thrives on that kind of BS. And it seems like you can't even express your point of view without being attacked by the ignorant masses. I'm still reeling over BRUCE Jenner being voted the most "courageous" person of the year. Makes me want to throw up...all over the Kardashians.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly... Like come on dude isn't the first guy to become a lady. Who gives a shit. It's all because of the name

      Delete