Who Am I?

I am an avid runner and have been running since I was 15 years old. I began running low to medium distances while on my high school track team, running the 800 meter and 1600 meter races (I was a sub 5 miler and a 2 minute 800 runner). In addition to the track team, I also joined the cross country team. After high school I still wanted to run and decided to start doing road races. I have probably ran a couple hundred 5k races (16.29 PR)along with many 10k's as well. In 2009 I decided to step up my game and try to tackle my first marathon. I will be honest; the only reason I did this was because my father ran a few and I wanted to show him that I could do what he did. I trained poorly for my first one and regret it. If you are going to run a race, train like you want to win. I still continue to run marathons and other distances as well, and every race is a chance for me to better myself.
I started this blog to hopefully communicate with other runners and to shed any knowledge I may have about the sport that can help other runners. I believe running is the best sport and can be a great stress reliever. I encourage all runners to spread the word of our sport and show people why running is so good and why the community of runners has such great people. You can follow me on twitter @byrne1324 or find me on facebook- Shaun Byrne

Friday, May 15, 2015

Stop the videos!!!!

It’s a been a few weeks since I have done a Random Friday with all the Pittsburgh Marathon things I had going on, but have no fear I am back! There is so many pointless, random things I could talk about today but I think I am going to tell you what I am seeing so much of lately that is really getting under the old skin. VIDEO’S!!!!! Not just your normal videos of a person falling or a cat chasing his tail, which is always funny. I am talking about these fucking video’s people are making giving their opinion on government, and religious issues or trying to motivate people.

First you have the people that feel they need to give their opinion on the government. Listen I have my problems with the government just like any other person out there, but you don’t see me making a video telling you about it. WHY? Because for the simple fact that it’s not my place to say shit about and secondly my opinion doesn’t mean shit on the matter. Listen if you are upset with the president, the senate, or congress then go run for office. I can assure you that you would see the job isn’t easy like you think it is. I mean I watch video after video of people talking about the war, talking about how we need to go in and bomb this country, we need to do this and that. Hey moron’s newsflash it doesn’t work like that. Don’t get me wrong I totally disagree with about 90 percent of the shit our president does, but unfortunately we put him in that place. You see about every four years there is this thing called elections and we elected him to be in control of the country. If you don’t like it get the fuck out of the country. Oh, and one more thing videos of people stomping on the American flag is just plain ignorant and stupid. Hey dumbass I am sure somewhere along your family line someone has fought for that flag. So you are not only disrespecting a whole country you are disrespecting your ancestors.

Religious videos, don’t even get me started on this subject. All I am going to say is keep your business to yourself. It’s bad enough I have random people knocking on my front door telling me about how my religion is wrong. I certainly don’t need you coming through my computer and phone to tell me how I am wrong. You want to worship the sun go ahead, you want to worship god go ahead, hell you want to worship a dog go right ahead just do us all a favor and keep it yourself.

Last but not least the motivation videos. When the fuck did everyone become motivation speakers? Spare me the bullshit that you know what to say to motivate me. Once again no one cares. You sound stupid telling people get out there and go for it. Here is an idea get out there and find a job, a job that doesn’t allow you near a computer or phone to make video’s. Honestly if you have that much time on your hand that you can make 5 video’s a day, something is wrong. I find these video’s to be the funniest because about 70 percent of them are people who are or were a huge fuck up in life. I guess your ass wasn’t motivated back then, am I right? There is a time and place for that motivational speech and I can assure you Facebook and Twitter are not those places. Before someone says, “well Shaun you can delete that person so you don’t have to see the video.” Uhhactually that is wrong because we all know that if someone else shares or likes the video is shows up on our newsfeeds, and these idiots that do it just so happen to have a following of even bigger losers. The only solution is to do what I have been doing, sit back and just laugh at the person making them. I am still waiting for someone to answer me with a question I asked months ago on a random Friday. When the fuck did our society get this idea that our opinion not only matters but that it is right?

You can agree with me or not on this that is the beauty. This is just my opinion and it doesn’t really matter. I am not saying I am right or wrong I am just telling you all what gets under the old skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment