Who Am I?

I am an avid runner and have been running since I was 15 years old. I began running low to medium distances while on my high school track team, running the 800 meter and 1600 meter races (I was a sub 5 miler and a 2 minute 800 runner). In addition to the track team, I also joined the cross country team. After high school I still wanted to run and decided to start doing road races. I have probably ran a couple hundred 5k races (16.29 PR)along with many 10k's as well. In 2009 I decided to step up my game and try to tackle my first marathon. I will be honest; the only reason I did this was because my father ran a few and I wanted to show him that I could do what he did. I trained poorly for my first one and regret it. If you are going to run a race, train like you want to win. I still continue to run marathons and other distances as well, and every race is a chance for me to better myself.
I started this blog to hopefully communicate with other runners and to shed any knowledge I may have about the sport that can help other runners. I believe running is the best sport and can be a great stress reliever. I encourage all runners to spread the word of our sport and show people why running is so good and why the community of runners has such great people. You can follow me on twitter @byrne1324 or find me on facebook- Shaun Byrne

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Blogger Awards


    Yesterday while following up on comments for my blog, I was informed by Running Bear from Spiritual Creaminess that he had nominated for very inspiring blogger award. Thank you very much Running Bear it means a lot to me.

The steps for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award are as follows:
  1. Thank the person who nominated you.
  2. Add the Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
  3. Share seven things about yourself.
  4. Nominate a list of bloggers that inspire you and comment on their post to let them know.
  5. Post on their blog about it.
     I read a good amount of blogs everyday and there as so many that I find inspiring. I however always make it a point to read certain ones all the time.  Some of those people have already been nominated so I am going to nominate the ones that I haven't saw nominated yet that deserve it.

      Run Steph Run

      Life Begins When You Let It

      Run With Rabbits

     Runnin on Empties

    Now seven things about myself. I am sure there is nothing I can tell you that is really out of this world or unusual but, here goes....

1.  When I was around 9 years old I was playing in the woods with my friends and a man tried to bury us alive.  There was about 15 of us and I was one of the kids who ran before being thrown in a huge hole that was dug out.  I ran home told my parents and called the police.  We ended up going to court over it and everything. The man or later we found out older teenager had mental problems.  No one was arrested and I would see that man almost daily since he lived 2 streets behind me. Crazy right!

2.  This weekend coming up I am entered in a 48 hour film project.  My cousin @mikesmithwriter has written 3 books and has made numerous movies. He also writes for celebrities once in a while when they do roasts.  I have somehow weaseled my way in as script supervisor for the current project.  On Friday night July 11 we will be given a genre of movie and we will have 48 hours to write, film and edit a movie.  Should be fun, hopefully all my Pittsburgh friends can come to the Dormont theatre for the showings.  I will post more details later in the week about it.

3.  I am a huge movie buff.  One of my first jobs was at Blockbuster Video when I was younger. I have a huge movie collection from this. I would work expos and sidewalk sales for the company and one of the perks was you could take 10 movies per gig. I accumulated a fair amount of movies from this.  My wife still gets mine blown that I can sit through the same movie over and over and not get bored with it.  I can even recite the lines from most of them too.  My wife and I have just started our Wednesday night movie night. We attend a new movie every Wednesday. It is always one of the nights I look forward too.

4.  I almost quit running all together a few years back.  Running has always been part of my life and at one point I took some time off and wasn't sure if I would return.  It seemed like running was taking away other parts of my life and people were being let down by me.  I later realized that it was their greed and not mine. My wife and I still spend time together and without her by my side I don't know where I would be.  She understand the commitment it takes and she pushes me to do better.

5.  I probably have the most screwed up group of friends one could have.  I am on a text chain with 13 friends. Everyday I can count on my phone having 20-200 text messages at a time.  Most of the time we are making fun of each other and putting up pictures of each other and their wife's.  We verbally bash each other for hours on end.  If you don't know us, we come off as rude and mean to each other. If you do know us you know we always have each others back and would do anything for each other.  Before we all were married and started having kids we would be out every weekend, all together.  Every weekend brought some kind of excitement, from arrests, fights, black out drunkin nights and even some running through the streets naked.  We have grown up a bit since then, but we still like to have fun and every time we are all together you can count on a good time.

6.  Fantasy Football consumes my life in the fall.  I am 3 leagues and my phone goes off all the time with people calling and texting trade offers.  My wife absolutely hates it.  Sunday mornings are me staring at the TV waiting to see who is hurt and who will be playing.  Sunday afternoons are me checking the scores and screaming at the TV.  P.S. - I took my second championship last year, BOOM!!!  still broke even on the money though since I had to pay for the other 2.

7.  If I could put the words to paper I would be a writer.  I have always wanted to write a book. I have great story idea's but I am very bad at putting it to paper.  I can tell you my whole story, the plot, characters, and the ending, but when it comes time to write I don't know where to begin.  It is still on my bucket list though.

Well there you go, 7 things about me.. Hope you enjoyed!!!!





     

7 comments:

  1. Wow, this is some list! #1 is absolutely crazy & #2 is so cool! As for writing, go for it! Don't worry about the words. Editors can polish it up. (In my last position before I moved into a new role I did primarily editing.) It's your story that matters most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer for the words of advice. I do think eventually I will attempt at writing (when I get some free time).
    P.S. - I already saw someone nominated you for the award or else you would of been number 1 on my list

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent, thanks for sharing. #1 is creepy as hell, glad it turned out OK for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya number 1 is not one of the funner moments I had in life.

      Delete
  4. Very cool. You have certainly have lived/live an exciting life! Your blog has always inspired me as well. I will get to work on this & thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, just wanted to show you i really enjoy your blog and it is inspiring as well

      Delete
  5. Thank you SO much! I saw this post when you made it (obviously) but I've been so busy that I didn't have time to respond. Sorry about that :( I'll be doing my post soon! :)

    ReplyDelete